Umut is Gameplay Programmer experienced in C# Scripting with Unity Engine and Blueprint Visual Scripting with Unreal Engine. He is good at analyzing games and documenting finding as reports. He has 4 projects (1 with Unity, 3 with Unreal Engine) and 1 unfinished project made with Unity. He worked on 2 different Game Design Documents, guided his team members through document. He has 11 documents (25k+ words) reporting his findings (critics of game mechanics and components) of game analysis. He and his team members was accepted by ATOM (in ENG: Animation Technologies and Game Development Center). It is pre-incubation center for teams which are interested in digital game and animation development, powered by one of the best universities in the world – METU.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good at Scripting with Unity using C#.
- Good at Scripting with Unreal Engine using Blueprint Visual Scripting.
- Good at documenting and focusing details.
- Experienced with Construct 2.
Assistant System Administrator, VakıfBank
05 Nov. 2018 – Present
- He works as an administrator in VMware vSphere environments. He is in a team which is responsible 200+ physical ESX servers, 100+ Linux Servers, 100+ Windows Servers and 3000+ Virtual Machines.
- During his work, he experienced to work in a team consisting experienced people, learned VMware PowerCLI and tried to write several scripts.
- He created lots of VMs, created lots of ESXs with configurations, worked to solve several problems in Linux and Windows environments.
- He is also experienced in storage administration perspective, mostly focused on SAN Zones.
NAME OF PROGRAM OR DIPLOMA OR DEGREE – SCHOOL NAME – LOCATION
- He is currently (2019 – ongoing) studying in Master’s Degree of Computer Animation and Game Technologies in Hacettepe University in Ankara, TURKEY.
- He currently has 3.78/4.00 grade.
- He created 2 Unreal Engine projects with a team of 5 people. The team consisted of 3 people in design team and 2 people in development team including Umut. He was responsible of gameplay programing and Unreal Engine development side; with his other development colleague.
- Courses that he has taken:
- 2nd Semester:
- BCO606 – GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNREAL GAME ENGINE
- BCO611 – PHYSICS IN COMPUTER ANIMATIONS AND GAMES
- BCO623 – COMPUTER GAME DESIGN
- BCO653 – GAME ARCHITECTURE
- 1st Semester:
- BCO607 – APPLIED COMPUTER ANIMATION I
- BCO647 – GAME DEVELOPMENT USING UNITY 3D
- BCO652 – GAME PROTOTYPING
- BCO681 – VIDEO GAMES ANALYSIS
- 2nd Semester:
- He studied in Bachelor’s degree of Computer Engineering during 2013-2018 in Çankaya University in Ankara, TURKEY.
- He studied with 100% Tuition Scholarship.
- He was head of Computer Engineering Club (Temporary experience)
- He took Innovative Game Design course as elective. He found an opportunity to create a board game, and see the principles of game design like game mechanics and dynamics in this lesson.
- Çankaya University was classified 401-500th World University Rankings 2020 by Times Higher Education.
- He also loves online courses such as provided from Udemy. You can check his account, here.
- He has several works in both development and design areas of games. You can see his portfolio, here.
- He has an experience to write/edit game design documents.
- He has an experience of using source control platform – GitHub.
- He has an experience of leadership (Computer Engineering Club, in Çankaya University)
- He has an experience of working in a multidisciplinary group.
- He has the knowledge and experience of both physical (pencil and paper) and digital (using Construct 2; developed by Scirra) prototyping.
- He is a passionate gamer; and amateur singer.